Last Christmas I made homemade gifts for everyone in my family. For my Mother I made a recycled magazine coiled bowl and of course filled it with chocolates. My Aunt June emptied it to look it over and fell in love with it. I just made this for her.
I had first seen this project at Saved by Love Creations, but I could not find the post to share her projects and tutorial.
This is how I did it.
What you need for this project
Hot glue gun
Clear coat spray
1. Tear out sheets from magazine
2. Cut into 2" strips
3. Fold strips (This is a job) Fold in half the open fold one side into the center and fold that one more time, repeat on the other side of the strip.
4. Begin with a tight coil
5. Hot glue each folded strip as you coil
6. Modge podge as you go to keep it from moving.
7. After ending the coil, I modge podge the inside, let it dry, then the outside, and repeat several times. Then spray a clear coat on the inside let it dry and then the outside.
8. Fill with candy!!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Fine Craft Guild, Linked up Thursday at: Katherine's Corner, Seven Alive, The ArtsyGirl Connection, Made in a Day, Linked up Friday at: Simple Home Life, Craftionary, Here Comes the Sun, Petals to Picots, Create Craft Love Linked up Saturday at: Bowdabra Blog, The Gingerbread Blog Linked up Sunday at: Nifty Thrifty Things Linked up Monday at:Watch Out, Martha!, Eye Heart, A Pinch of Joy, Sarah Dawn Designs, Mighty Crafty, Sew Chatty