I stopped at one of our local thrift stores and found this tablecloth. It was priced at $8.00, but I happened to walk in on half price day (sweet), so $4.
For this project
1 tablecloth (rectangle)
1 package rug binding (white)
4 inches of hook and loop velcro
sewing machine, thread, scissors, pins
1. Lay an H on the folded end of the tablecloth, these measurements are 17" for straps and 8" for handle.
2. Pin velcro on both ends of strap; hook up, loop down on the opposite side of the strap, opposite end. Then sew around all 4 pieces of the velcro to the straps.
3. Double the handle to make it sturdier; sew two 8" pieces together.
4. Take finished pieces and form H onto tablecloth, pinning down, with the Hook side of the velcro straps up. Leave the loop side (down)unsewn, (you may want to pin them out of your way.)
5. Sew close to the edge, sewing over the handle, then stopping.
6. Sew all the way around the handle end forming a square, then sew corner to corner, to secure the handle. Repeat on the other strap.
Lastly, spray with fabric protector so it will last longer and it's easier to clean up.
Let the picnicing begin.
"pass the tator salad, please"
Thank you for stopping by.
Sharing this Project At The Cozy Home Scenes Picnic Party!!!!Parties Linked to: Monday - Eye Heart - Anything Goes Tuesday - Debbie Does Creations - Toot Your Horn - A Stroll Thru Life - Table Top Tuesday - Kammy's Korner -Trash 2 Treasure - I'm Topsy Turvy - Topsy Turvy Tuesday - The D.I.Y. Dreamer - From Dream to Reality - Reasons to Skip the Housework - Tuesday Time Out - Boerman Ramblings - Tuesday Treasury Link UP Wednesday Sew Much Ado: We Did It Wow Me at Ginger Snap Crafts - Will See It @ Fabric Bows and More - exodus @ let birds fly - Homemade by you @ Pincushion Creations - Whimsy Wednesday @ The NY Melrose Family - Show & Share @ lil pink pocket - Wicked Awesome @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman - Spicy Link Up @ I's just called Spicy Thursday - Share Your Cup Thurs @ Have a daily cup from Mrs. Olsen - Catch a Glimpse @ A Glimpse Inside Friday Do something Crafty @ See Vanessa Craft - Sweet and Simple @ Rooted in Thyme - BFF Open House @ The Answer is Chocolate - Flaunt it Friday @ Dotted Line Crafts Saturday - Saturday Show Case @ Bowdabra Blog - Project Party Weekend @ Bubbly Nature Creations